Monday, March 26, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Pasta Bake

This was a new recipe that I have had the clipping for for about 6 years or something like that.  I went through my recipe binder recently and threw out all the ones I knew I would never get around to using.  I like to find recipes online and see what the reviews say before using them.  So nearly all the magazine clippings went to recycling.  But there were a few I kept that I could would be pretty good.  And this was one of them.


Chicken Enchilada Pasta 
This is what it was supposed to look like.  They are always perfect in the magazine.



And this is how mine turned out.  It's not as picturesque, but it was still yummy!

A few tips I discovered:
  1. It makes a lot!  Maybe freeze part if you don't have a large family.  It was just me, hubby, and 2 yr old.  TONS of leftovers!  We ate it for 4 days and there was still leftovers...we threw it away.
  2. I would only put the Doritos on the parts you are going to eat right away.  They get soggy on leftovers and don't taste good at all.  
  3. I only had large shells, not jumbo.  So I didn't stuff mine, just mixed them in.  Stuffing them would have been way too much anyways.  I even read that someone used penne and it turned out just fine.

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment