Friday, January 6, 2012

Deceptively Delicious Rice Balls

Tried another new recipe.
Not one of my best endeavoured.

I ordered the cookbook, "Deceptively Delicious"  about a year ago.  And never did anything with it.  My reasoning was that I needed a good food processor to make the purees required.  I finally got a "Magic Bullet" after Christmas.  We found it online for only $25!  And it came with the full-size blender and the juicer.

So now I'm ready to make some new recipes.

Last night I tried to make the "Rice Balls".  They sounded yummy with rice, chicken, cheese, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and bread crumbs.  They were supposed to look like this:


And this is how mine turned out:


I couldn't get my balls to roll in the bread crumbs without them falling apart. After thinking about this, I realized that i had forgotten to add the milk to the breading mixture.

The kids didn't like it, but I did!! Not sure if I will attempt this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment