Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cordon Bleu Pasta

Cordon Bleu Pasta (2 ways)

So I often get bored with making the same stuff over and over for dinner!! I like to go online and look for inspiration and then make it my own.
                              
This is the recipe I used-well sort of!! I did make some changes here and there.
pasta
1 cup of cooked,cubed chicken
1 cup of cooked,cubed ham
1 1/2 cup of milk
8oz of cream cheese
2 tbls of dried onion
2 cups of Swiss cheese, shredded
salt,pepper,cayenne pepper
1 cup of bread crumbs
1/2 cup of melted butter
I did two versions of this recipe because i have a daughter who can't eat wheat
I used left over rotisserie chicken (GF of course)
I didn't have dried onion so I sauteed a yellow onion with the ham
then combined that with the chicken and peas-my own addition
In a saucepan I combined the milk, and cheese, then melted in all together
I used it as a gravy for the noodles, then added the bread crumbs at the end. I used Italian for the regular one and gf bread crumbs for the other one.

The bottom one is GF
The result-
It was o.k. I think it was the Swiss cheese that really didn't work for the kids. I liked the idea and think that if I do try it again I will use a different type of cheese.

~Marcie

No comments:

Post a Comment